Hybrid Cars Informative Speech
Professor Gail Leinwall
October 20, 2017
Informative speech outline : Tesla motors
Specific purpose: to inform my audience about Tesla Motors.
I. Tesla CEO Elon Musk expects that in 20 years regular cars would be considered like Horses. He believes that autonomous and electric cars are the future. Nick Lucchesi, “Tesla CEO Elon Musk Says Regular Cars Will be Like Horses in 20 Year”. Inverse, 15 July. 2017.
II. I have always been fascinated by new technologies that are incorporated in modern cars
A. As a child I grew up going to car shows, so although I am not a professional on the topic, I do love learning new things about cars.
B. Though any type of car you drive will get you to where you need to be, a Tesla car will do it in style.
III. Today i would like to introduce Tesla motors to you
A. First, I will have an overview of Tesla Motors.
B. Second, I will talk about Tesla’s Co-founder Elon Musk.
C. Finally, I will talk about 2 models produced by tesla: the roadster and the Model 3
(Transition: let’s start with an overview of the company)
I- First I will do an overview of the company
A.Tesla Motors is an innovative United States manufacturer of electric vehicles.
- Tesla is named after a Serbian electrical engineer and physicist, Nikola Tesla 2. It was initially founded in 2003 by a group of engineers.
- Tesla is the first company to produce a car with a range greater than 200 miles per charge. Stephen Edelstein , “2017 electric cars with more than 100 miles of range”. greencarreports, 20 Sep. 2017.
- Tesla HQ is located at Palo Alto, CA
B. Tesla has Revolutionized the automotive industry.
- Tesla cars have the opposite image people have of electric cars. They created classy car that are powerful yet futuristic
- Tesla was the first company to offer an electric car under $40.000
- Tesla offers Over 1400 charging stations in the united states.
II- Second, I will talk about Tesla’s founder and his career path ?
A. First, let’s discover who is Elon musk ?
- Born in 1971 is a South African-born Canadian American.
- Elon Musk is the co-founder, CEO and Product Architect at Tesla
B. Now i will talk about his career path
1.Co-founder, CEO, and lead designer of Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX)
2. He is also the co-founder and chairman of OpenAI, a non-profit research company working to build safe artificial intelligence and ensure that AI’s benefits are as widely and evenly distributed as possible.
3. Elon co-founded and sold PayPal, the world’s leading Internet payment system.
C. Tesla motors: Elon Musk’s futuristic vision
1. He expects that fully autonomus cars will be on the roads by 2019.
2. By creating Tesla, profit was not his main goal, he wants his company wants lead the world transition to electric cars.
III – Lastly, I will talk about the 2 models produced by Tesla.
- Roadster: introduced in 2008. It was one of the initial project by Tesla.
- Tesla teamed up with The British cars manufacturer Lotus to produce the car
- Elon Musk recently admitted that this was one of the disastrous project in Tesla’s history. Bob Sorokanich, “Elon Musk Admits to Shareholders That the Tesla Roadster Was a Disaster”. roadandtrack, Jun.1st 2016.
- The main resons of its failure are the price (It costs $109.000) and the cheap quality.
- Model 3: The delivery of this model started in 2017. It costs $35,000.
- With one charge it could travel 215 miles. It would be able to speed up to 60 mph within 6 seconds.
- It does not sound as great as Model S but there is a huge price difference to compensate that.
- To conclude Tesla cars will not only get you to where you want to go, they will get you there in style, i hope everyone of you will get one or at least have a chance to try one.
- From this presentation, i hope that you learned more about Tesla Motors, its founder and the 2 models they offer.
- Tesla has successfully changed the image of electric cars by their sport look, powerfull engine and their outstanding performance.
Nick Lucchesi, “TeslaCEO Elon Musk Says Regular Cars Will be Like Horses in 20 Year”. Inverse, 15 July. 2017, https://www.inverse.com/archive/july/2017/innovation