Quentin Tarantino essays
General Purpose:To inform my audience about Quentin Tarantino.
Specific Purpose:My audience will know who he is, how he became Quentin Tarantino, and most important his movies.
Preview I. If you liked that you'll like all Quentin Tarantino movies.
II. Quentin Tarantino is one of the most interesting film makers today.
III. We all have dreams, Quentin Tarantino never stopped pursuing his.
IV. I have always loved violent, action-packed films.I tend to find those the most entertaining movies.
V. Today, I am going to tell you who Quentin Tarantino is, how he became a director, and most importantly his movies. Show video
Transition:A nice place to start would be to tell you who he is.
Main Point I. Quentin Tarantino was born on March 27, 1963 in Knoxville Tennessee.
A. His mother's name was Connie, who was 16 at the time, and his father Tony, an aspiring actor was his father and he was 21 years old.
1. Connie named him after Burt Reynold's character, Quint in "Gun Smoke."
2. Quentin's father left him at an early age.
3. Quentin and his mother moved to Los Angeles when he was 2 years old.
B. His mother took him to the movies at an early age.
1. He began to show interest in film at the age of 9.
2. He went and saw "Carnal Knowledge" and "Deliverance."
3. Ever since, he saw these movies he fell in love with it and he and went at it at every opportunity.
Transition: Now we can talk about how he became Quentin Tarantino became Quentin Tarantino.
II. When Quentin was 16, he dropped out of high school to pursue his dream of being an actor.
A. He starts working as an usher at an x-rated movie theater.
B. When he was 22 years old he got his most important job, at the video archives, a store in Manhattan Beach, California where he spent all day watching and discussing movies.